💜The Tax Dates I Make Sure My Clients Never Miss (2026)

💜The Tax Dates I Make Sure My Clients Never Miss (2026)

_____________________________________________________________________

Tax deadlines aren’t usually what get people in trouble.

It’s not knowing which ones actually matter.

Most of the issues I see during tax season don’t come from people doing anything wrong —
they come from missing small deadlines or not realizing something applied to them.

So instead of overwhelming you with every possible date, here are the ones I always make sure my clients know.

  

_____________________________________________________________________

January 15, 2026

If you're self-employed, this is your final estimated payment for previous year.

January 31, 2026
W-2s and most 1099s should be sent out by this date.
👉 If you don’t have yours by early February, it’s a good idea to follow up.

April 15, 2026

The big one.
File your taxes or request an extension.

Also the deadline for:
• IRA contributions
• HSA contributions

June 15 & September 15, 2026
Estimated tax deadlines that are easy to forget — especially if your income isn’t consistent.

October 15, 2026
Final deadline if you filed an extension. 

👉 After this, there are no more extensions for that tax year.

December 31, 2026
Your last chance to make moves that can impact your taxes for the year.

  

_____________________________________________________________________

🌸Alicia’s Insight 🌸

Most people think tax problems come from big mistakes.

In reality, it’s usually the small things —
a missed deadline, a form that didn’t come in, or not realizing something applied to them.

I see it every year.

The people who stay ahead aren’t necessarily doing anything complicated —
they’re just paying attention to the right things at the right time.

Even something as simple as knowing these dates can make a big difference.

  

_____________________________________________________________________

One thing I always tell people:
Tax problems usually start small.

A missed payment.
A late form.
Or just not realizing something applied to you.

That’s why I share these — not to overwhelm you,
but to help you stay a step ahead.

If you ever have a question about your situation, feel free to reach out.
I’m always happy to point you in the right direction.

  

_____________________________________________________________________

🐾 Keeping Things Running Smoothly

🐾  Don’t forget these dates… I’ll remind you about snack time 😄

Meet Nutmeg💛

Nutmeg is a puppy mixed breed. 
Available for adoption from Pibbles and More Animal Rescue.
Check out my rescue page for more information. 

Currently looking for a home

“Helping out in the office while waiting for their forever family.”


  

_____________________________________________________________________


























  

_____________________________________________________________________

© Alicia’s Tax Tips 

Clear, friendly guidance for real people.

If you decide you'd like help, you can visit my “Get Started” page for the next steps.

This article is for educational purposes only and should not be considered legal or tax advice. Tax laws change over time, and every taxpayer's situation is unique. If you have questions about your specific circumstances, consult a qualified tax professional.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🌿 Welcome to Alicia’s Tax Tips!

🐶 Can You Claim Your Pet as a Dependent on Your Taxes? A Friendly Look at the Rules (and the Reality)

🌺Why the IRS Sends a Paper Check Even When You Requested Direct Deposit